As an attorney, I am constantly advising clients to research companies prior to entering business transactions. Once again, I failed to heed my own advice.

On December 3, 2016, I ordered a desk and hutch from Hayneedle. Their webpage indicated a 12/20/16 delivery date which would allow for Christmas delays and get here for the gift. On 12/20/16, I called and was informed there were delays and it would be there on 12/27/16. On 12/27/16, I called and the customer service representative put me on hold for 20 minutes while she tracked the items down with the shipper.

Apologies were provided and I was informed she had talked to the agent who again promised delivery on 12/29/16. On 12/30/16, I called Hayneedle and was told I should contact Lodesto, their shipper. Imagine my surprise when I was told that the hutch was in state but that they could not find the desk. It seems that on 12/27/16, the date I was told that Hayneedle had spoken with the agent, they put out a tracer on the desk check in North Carolina.

I am in Michigan. When I called Hayneedle back, they again put me on hold for another 20 minutes to call and confirm what I had just told them. Their solution was to do nothing. They could not explain where the desk was.

They could not advise when it might arrive. In fact, they claimed they had to call the manufacturer to see if it was even shipped two weeks earlier. It is unfortunate when these issues develop. What is most disconcerting is the attitude taken by customer service.

No solutions. No suggestions. When I advised I wished to cancel the entire order, Tara could not wait to quickly respond that a refund would take 7-10 days at least. This would have been comical if not so disturbing.

Perhaps if Hayneedle had been as quick to warn the public that there might be 7-10 days delay in shipping or billing, one would accept their deficiencies. What adds insult to the injury is the fact that I cannot get off of Hayneedle's marketing email list now. That said, if you plan on making an expensive purchase and don't mind being given excuses, or even worse having your emails ignored, by all means use Hayneedle. Too bad I didn't take my own advice.

Happy New Year! Deskless in Michigan

This person wrote the review because of problem with delivery at HayNeedle. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants HayNeedle to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by HayNeedle and hayneedle shipping service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Two bar stools. Horrible product.

I will never use this company again.

Product arrived damaged (manufacturing NOT shipping damage), product instruction inaccuracies and unable to be assembled because pre drilled holes were wrong throughout both bar stools. I have never been more disgusted with a product.