3.7
Style and Design

Smaller products (like window film and a bench cushion - good quality) are delivered via FedEx on time. However, FedEx threw my window film at my front door like a Frisbee then drove away.

Now, for the real problem: I ordered a $900 outdoor daybed and am still awaiting delivery. Despite an email confirmation delivery set for 12/09/16, the delivery company claimed they had my daybed, but no order to deliver. They even claimed that they weren't associated with AGS delivery services, which Hayneedle refuted. After hearing a few more of their lies, I sent scathing emails to both Hayneedle and the delivery company.

No response. I was told that yet another company would call to schedule delivery on the following Monday. No call. I called on Tuesday (today).

I was told that my daybed was en route (without having been notified). I hurriedly prepared myself and my house for delivery. No daybed, and at the time of this writing it is after 6pm ET and dark. Still, no daybed.

I am not in any hurry for the daybed. All I want is truth and dependability.

If I wasn't retired, this would be an even more severe inconvenience. It appears that I will have to call them daily to hear the latest lies.

This reviewer shared experience about problem with delivery and wants this business to have the product delivered as the author lost $1049. satin72016 is overall dissatisfied with Hayneedle. The most disappointing about hayneedle shipping service at Hayneedle was deivery sucks , but reviewer liked quality of small products. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Hayneedle.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Hayneedle to other companies on our site.

Comments

satin72016
Elizabethtown, Kentucky, United States #1255603

Two delivery guys finally delivered my daybed from Hayneedle after multiple calls to the company and to the delivery company (AGS). I had to threaten to dispute via credit card, and gave them an ultimatum as to when I would dispute.

The daybed finally arrived, two days before the ultimatum. One delivery guy insulted my neighborhood (middle class suburbia), expressed an expletive when he saw my dogs in the backyard and was going to leave my daybed in its wrapping on its side in the living room. I paid for White Glove Service (which includes setting up and disposing of materials - but will be credited by the good people at Hayneedle because of all I went through).

The grumpy delivery guy apologized for his attitude, blaming it on the Christmas season.

After the guys left, I'd been through so much and then had to endure the delivery guy's insults that I nearly cried.

I had to ask the delivery guy to help me unwrap and set up. He tried to do the minimal possible so he could leave. He even told me that he almost didn't deliver to me (for the fourth time) because of his long work day. As a side note, his partner was very nice, professional and had a great disposition.

Even though Hayneedle is ultimately responsible, they worked with me - even calling some bigwig from the delivery company.

The bigwig called me and we worked things out. My anger is at the delivery people and not at Hayneedle. Once Hayneedle releases to the shipper, it's out of their hands; however, they made multiple attempts to set things straight. I was always polite to them and was given mutual respect.

After my dispute threat, they followed up with updated phone calls.

If you are tempted to purchase any large furnishings from Hayneedle, and do not live in a metro area, you may run into tremendous delivery problems. I didn't want expediency. I just wanted my daybed when scheduled. If you are a working person, do not take a day off to wait for delivery.

Make sure that someone is at your home should the delivery company happen to arrive as promised. In my case, I'm retired; but I had to prepare myself and my home for delivery four times. The outdoor circular daybed is very nice and its cushions are of good quality. It cost more than what I feel it is worth but I am a cheapskate at heart.

I have the personal extension number of a rep.

He wants me to call him after arrival. I will do so during business hours and will explain in detail what occurred during delivery.